A place of mind-boggling beauty and unforgettable wines. It’s a dynamic, exciting region, with an outdated reputation abroad as an area for bulk wine production. While South Africa is undeniably still the source of a great deal of innocuous grape juice, there is an evolving wine culture of organic and sustainable growers, an appreciation for old vine vineyards, and marked advancements on the part of winemaking cooperatives to improve production. So, for our seminar on Saturday we aim to draw attention to a region that has long since flown under the radar of New Mexican wine drinking culture, and give South Africa a moment in the spotlight.
– De Wetshof, Chardonnay ‘Limestone Hill’, 2019
– Quinta Essentia, Chenin Blanc Stellenbosch, 2017
– Alheit Vineyards, Cinsault ‘Flotsam & Jetsam’, 2017
– Stellenbosch Vineyards, Pinotage ‘Bushvine’, 2017
– de Trafford, Shiraz Stellenbosch, 2006
– Vilafonté, Red Wine Paarl ‘Series C’, 2012
The Seminar begins promptly at 2pm.
Includes an appropriately paired snack.
Seating is limited.
Tickets can be purchased below.
Must be 21 or older to attend. Tickets are non-refundable.
$20 Seminar Fee, credited with a $200 purchase.