Domaine Arlaud has always been ahead of the curve. The domain serves as one of the most sophisticated Burgundian examples of the wine world’s embrace of sustainable farming. Third generation winemaker Cyprien Arlaud has quietly stewarded the family’s fifteen hectares of vineyard holdings since 1998. Though modest in size the family estate includes parcels of prominent vineyards such as Clos St. Denis and Bonnes Mares. Since assuming leadership of the domaine, Cyprien has gradually evolved the viticultural practices from organic to certified biodynamic in 2014. It would be remiss to credit him alone with the domaine’s success, since his sister Bertille ploughs their vineyards with her own team of horses, and is regarded as an expert in the field of draft work. Eschewing mechanized viticulture minimizes the soil compaction and erosion that occurs under tractors. Together they believe this approach to turning the soil, in tandem with the rigorous biodynamic composting and exclusion of chemical fertilizers, creates the healthiest possible environment for grapevines to thrive. This commitment to quality in the vineyard is matched with a low interventionist approach to winemaking, one that involves minimized extraction and a restrained approach to oak and additives. Despite this detailed and committed approach to winemaking, Domaine Arlaud has quietly flown under the radar of many Burgundy lovers. We hope to change that with a special tasting highlighting some of Arlaud’s recent releases. Come join us this Saturday for a celebration of a domaine that is tirelessly working the evolve the culture of winemaking in Burgundy.
– Domaine Arlaud, Bourgogne Blanc Hautes-Côtes de Nuits, 2017
– Arlaud, Bourgogne Rouge ‘Oka’, 2017
– Domaine Arlaud, Bourgogne Rouge ‘Roncevie’, 2017
– Cyprien Arlaud, Bourgogne Rouge Hautes-Côtes de Nuits, 2017
– Domaine Arlaud, Morey-St.-Denis 1er Cru ‘Aux Cheseaux’, 2017
– Domaine Arlaud, Morey-St.-Denis 1er Cru ‘Les Millandes’, 2017
– Domaine Arlaud, Morey-St.-Denis 1er Cru ‘Les Ruchots’, 2017
– Domaine Arlaud, Chambolle-Musigny, 2017
– Domaine Arlaud, Gevrey-Chambertin, 2017
– Domaine Arlaud, Charmes-Chambertin Grand Cru, 2017
We will take orders after the seminar and the wines will be delivered to Arroyo Vino on Tuesday the 24th and be ready to be picked up after 12pm that day.
The Seminar begins promptly at 2pm.
Includes an appropriately paired snack.
Seating is extremely limited.
Tickets can be purchased below.
Must be 21 or older to attend. Tickets are non-refundable.
$35 Seminar Fee, credited with a $350 order of Arlaud wines.