- This event has passed.
Summer Wine Seminar: Loire Valley
August 10, 2019, 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm$20
It’s nearly impossible to condense the breadth of territories, soil types and cepages touched by the 600 miles of the Loire river. It flows over a stretch of land nearly as vast as the entirety of California’s coastline. Within the various appellations fed by its waters a new generation of winemakers hungry for the chance to buck the status quo coexist with iconic examples of the most traditional styles of French wine. Certainly, it is practically impossible to simplify the wines of this region into six categories for an hour long tasting—but this is exactly what we plan to do. We honor a wine region of vast beauty and infinite variety, home to sharp, saline Muscadet, herbal and elegant Chinon, lush and richly textured Vouvray and one of the most famous white wines in the world, Sancerre. We’ll examine some of the newer producers fighting for recognition in a region entrenched in its winemaking traditions, and we’ll pay tribute to what makes those traditions so special in the first place.
– Régis Minet, Pouilly Fume Vieilles Vignes, 2017
– Breton, Vouvray Sec ‘La Dilettante’, 2017
– Lucien Crochet, Sancerre Blanc, 2017
– Pierre-Olivier Bonhomme, Touraine AOC Blanc ‘La Tesnière’, 2017
– Michel Delhommeau, Muscadet Sévre et maine, ‘Harmonie’, 2017
– Pierre-Olivier Bonhomme, Vin de France Rouge ‘Le Telquel’, 2018
– Charles Joguet, Chinon ‘Les Varennes du Grand Clos’, 2016
The Seminar begins promptly at 2pm.
Includes an appropriately paired snack.
Seating is limited.
Seats can be purchased below.
Must be 21 or older to attend. Tickets are non-refundable.
$20 Seminar Fee, credited with a $200 purchase.