- This event has passed.
Summer Wine Seminar: South of France
August 3, 2019, 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm$20
No one can deny the vast appeal of French wine — it is so inextricably linked to the country that it occupies an almost mystical position in its national culture. But appreciation of French wine frequently tends to halt with the southern Rhône, beyond nothing more than a vague appreciation for the bold blends of Châteauneuf-du-Pape or the dry rosé of Provence. Yet there is so much more to discover in the parts of the country in the directions of Italy and Spain, along the waters of the Mediterranean Sea. For our Saturday tasting this week we’ll examine the ancient origins of the wine cultures of the south of France. We’ll taste through a fascinating line up of indigenous varieties, which are finally sharing the spotlight with their more famous northern neighbors, thanks to improved farming and more sustainable viticultural techniques.
– Chateau de Paraza, Minervois Blanc ‘Cuvée Spéciale’, 2017
– Kermit Lynch, Vin de Pays de Vaucluse Blanc, 2018
– Domaine du Tariquet, Gros Manseng ‘Premières Grives’, 2016
– Château La Roque, Pic Saint-Loup Rosé, 2018
– Domaine la Tour Vieille, Collioure AOC ‘Rosé des Roches’, 2018
– Domaine de Majas, Côtes Catalanes Rouge, 2017
– Domaine Cabirau, Maury Sec AOP ‘Serge & Nicolas’, 2016
The Seminar begins promptly at 2pm.
Includes an appropriately paired snack.
Seating is limited.
Seats can be purchased below.
Must be 21 or older to attend. Tickets are non-refundable.
$20 Seminar Fee, credited with a $200 purchase.