- This event has passed.
Spring Wine Seminar: Greece
April 20, 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm$20
Despite being one of the oldest wine producing regions in the world, Greek wine has only recently begun to bring its wine industry into today’s global market. This is an exciting time to explore Greek wine, not only because its wine industry is so ancient, but because it proudly boasts a spectrum of indigenous grape varieties and is determined to avoid the modern international grapes. Modern wine producers are keen to isolate proper vineyard sites, mindfully match varieties to soils, farm sustainably and elegantly integrate oak when needed, yielding wines that are undeniably modern in character, yet retaining the terroir and uniqueness that make them so special in the first place.
So join us on Saturday when we explore the unique vinescape of Greek wine. We’ll celebrate the renaissance in Greek winemaking by sampling some of the fabulous wines that make it so hard to ignore.
- Boutari, Moschofilero Mantinia PDO, 2017
- Gaia, Assyrtiko Santorini PDO ‘Thalassitis’, 2017
- Glavinos, Vlahiko Blend Ioannina PGI, 2016
- Domaine Tatsis, Xinomavro Macedonia PGI, 2009
- Hatzidakis, Mavrotragano Cyclades PGI, 2014
- Estate Argyros, Mavrotragano Cyclades PGI, 2015
- Estate Argyros, Vin Sa’nto 4yo Santorini PDO, 2010
- Kamara Kioutsouki Estate, Retsina, NV, 500ml
The Seminar begins promptly at 2pm, please arrive a few minutes before.
Includes an appropriately paired snack
Seating is very limited.
Reservations are required, by email or phone 505.983.2100
$20 Seminar Fee, credited with a $200 purchase.