- This event has passed.
Saturday Wine Seminar: Wines of Iberia and the Canary Islands, with Chris Barnes, Jose Pastor Selections
April 8, 2017, 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm$15
Chris Barnes is making a welcome return to Arroyo Vino and we are very pleased to have him back. Join us on Saturday for another exploration of some more Iberian wines you’ve probably haven’t heard of.
“Jose Pastor Selections entered the scene at a moment in wine history when regional and traditionally made Iberian wines were disappearing and being replaced by an international style stripped of terroir. It was a time when chemicals in the vineyard and manipulation in the winery were the most celebrated and profitable. Long before it was fashionable, JPS championed the work of traditionally minded growers who believed in a minimalist approach in the vines and in the cellar.”
- Alberto Nanclares, Rías Baixas Albariño, 2015 $31.00
- Suriol, Xarel-lo ‘Donzella’, 2015 $17.00
- Envínate, Vinos Atlánticos ‘Benje’, 2015 $21.00
- Suriol, Tempranillo ‘Sang de Drac’, 2012 $18.00
- Akutain, Rioja Crianza, 2012 $22.00
- Akutain, Rioja Gran Reserva, 2004 $46.00
- Monasterio de Corias, Asturias Crianza ‘Finca Los Frailes’, 2012 $25.00
- Antonio Madeira, Dão DOC ‘Vinhas Velhas’, 2012 $34.00
The Seminar will begin promptly at 2:00pm.
$15 Tasting Fee
Reservations are required.
Please call 505.983.2100 to reserve your seat.
Purchase $150 or more of the wines tasted at the event and receive a $15 credit.