- This event has passed.
Saturday Wine Workshop: California Classics
March 10, 2018, 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm$5
The story of Californian wine country is a story of transformative success and evolving style. Greater in size than many winemaking countries, the sunshine state has an ideal climate for ripening grapes, moderated in top wine growing areas by the cooling influence of the Pacific ocean. Unbound by any of the inherited wine laws and traditions that constrain the wine growing regions of Europe, her top producers have had generations to work out the ideal marriages of sites and styles. With no rules and no limits, Californian wines have evolved according to fashion and trends.
The top wineries in California are now the titans of the industry, with limitless expertise and resources to maintain their vineyards, invest in the latest technology, and source the best possible barrels. Our Saturday wine tasting will examine the modern iterations of wineries that started as pioneers and have now achieved the status of benchmark examples of the status quo. We will especially focus on California’s best examples of Burgundian varieties, that stand in stylistic contrast to their French cousins. Are our prejudices about these wines accurate- the lush fruit and rich textures- or is there more to modern Californian wine than meets the eye? Come join us in exploring the very best of New World hedonism.
- Robert Mondavi, Fumé Blanc Oakville, 2013 $29 On Sale – $23
- B.R. Cohn, Chardonnay Carneros ‘Sangiacomo Vineyard’, 2014 $24
- Domaine Carneros, Pinot Noir, Carneros, 2013 $35
- Siduri, Pinot Noir, “Rosella’s Vineyard”, Santa Lucia Highlands, 2014 $42 On Sale – $32
- Macphail Family Wines, Pinot Noir, “Pratt Vineyard”, Sonoma Coast, 2012 $55 On Sale – $41
- Kendall-Jackson, Pinot Noir, “Outland Ridge”, Anderson Valley/Mendocino County, 2013 $37 On Sale – $29
The Tasting Table will be open 3.00pm-5.00pm
Reservations are not required.
$5 Tasting Fee.
Purchase $50 of wine and receive a $5 credit.