- This event has passed.
Saturday Wine Seminar: Austria and the US
February 8, 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm$20
Austrian wine is predicated on a combination of centuries old regions, unique soils and climactic conditions (what some might call “terroir”), as well as some particular indigenous grape varieties. Our continued pursuit of unlocking the relationship between vineyard and vine has led us to conduct a brand-new tasting this Saturday, and this time we’re all about Austria. We will compare the elegant, mineral driven wines of Austria with carefully selected counterparts from the United States. What does the lens of US terroir contribute to Austrian grapes? We will establish a frame of reference for the landscape of Austrian wine, and an appreciation of the domestic producers inspired by it. So, join us on Saturday for a deeper look into a wine country that has always been a favorite of ours.
– Wieninger, Grüner Veltliner Vienna Hills, 2017
– Vöcal, Grüner Veltliner ‘Alfaro Vineyard’, 2017
– Huber, Riesling Traisental DAC ‘Terrassen’, 2017
– Empire Estate, Riesling ‘Dry’ Finger Lakes, 2017
– Stift Kloster Neuburg, St. Laurent, 2013
– Schug, St. Laurent Carneros ‘Ricci Vineyard’, 2018
– Glatzer, Blaufränkisch Reserve, 2015
– Kiona, Lemberger Red Mountain, 2016
The Seminar begins promptly at 2pm.
Includes an appropriately paired snack.
Seating is limited.
Tickets can be purchased below.
Must be 21 or older to attend. Tickets are non-refundable.
$20 Seminar Fee, credited with a $200 purchase.