The wines of Piedmont are among the most recognized in the world. It is the gem of Northern Italy and one of the top fine wine producing regions in the whole country. Surrounded by the Apennines and the Alps in the west – its name means “at the foot of the mountains” – the prime spots for viticulture are located on the Monferrato and Langhe hills in the provinces of Asti, Alessandra, and Cuneo. Nebbiolo is responsible for some of the most elevated wines produced in Italy. The region’s geographic closeness with France led to its openness, both culturally and viticulturally, to new European ideals about enlightenment, prosperity and art, the aftereffects of which can be felt and tasted in the region’s wines even to this very day. We will present some new arrivals and a few old friends.
– Ca’ Rome’ Barolo DOCG ‘Cerretta’, 2015
– Cascina Bongiovanni, Barolo DOCG, 2015
– Cavallotto, Barolo DOCG ‘Bricco Boschis’, 2015
– Conterno Fantino, Barolo DOCG ‘Ginestra – Vigna del Gris’, 2015
– Conterno Fantino, Barolo DOCG ‘Mosconi – Vigna Ped’, 2015
– Domenico Clerico, Barolo DOCG ‘Ciabot Mentin’, 2013
– Luigi Baudana, Barolo DOCG ‘Baudana’, 2015
– Luigi Einaudi, Barolo DOCG ‘Vigna Costa Grimaldi’, 2015
– Paolo Scavino, Barolo DOCG ‘Bric dël Fiasc’, 2015
– Paolo Scavino, Barolo DOCG ‘Bricco Ambrogio’, 2015
– Paolo Scavino, Barolo DOCG ‘Monvigliero’, 2015
– Sottimano, Barbaresco DOCG ‘Cottá’, 2016
The Tasting begins promptly at 2pm.
Includes an appropriately paired snack.
Tickets are limited and can be purchased below.
$50 Seminar Fee, credited with a $250 purchase.