- This event has passed.
Saturday Wine Seminar: Portugal
October 19, 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm$20
Nestled between Spain and the Atlantic Ocean, Portugal’s diversity of local wines remains largely undiscovered by the rest of the world. Indeed, its vinous reputation is almost entirely predicated on the global success of two formidable fortified wines—Port and Madeira. But as the worldwide demand for fortified wines falls away, Portugal has started to export an arsenal of some of the freshest and most fascinating dry whites and reds, frequently made from unknown indigenous varieties and representing great value to the consumer. Because of its unique geography and history, Portugal has never had to make concessions on the part of global tastes. Thus we find a wealth of diverse styles that represent an unmistakably Portuguese sensibility.
– Quinta das Arcas, Vinho Verde ‘Arca Nova’, 2018
– Ribeiro Santo, Dão DOC Encruzado, 2016
– Herdade Penedo Gordo, Alentejo DOC Tinto, 2017
– Kompassus, Bairrada DOC Vinho Tinto, 2014
– Ribeiro Santo, Dão DOC Tinto Reserva, 2014
– Quinta do Portal, Douro DO Vinho Tinto Reserva, 2015
– Dow’s, Tawny Port, 10 Year Old
The Seminar begins promptly at 2pm.
Includes an appropriately paired snack.
Seating is limited.
Seats can be purchased below.
Must be 21 or older to attend. Tickets are non-refundable.
$20 Seminar Fee, credited with a $200 purchase.