- This event has passed.
Fall Wine Seminar: Toscana
October 5, 2019, 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm$20.00
Once centrally important to Italy’s political and economic life; the wellspring of Italian language, culture and art is central to the modern Italian identity. An unchanged landscape of undulating hillsides dotted with cypresses, olive trees and vines – Tuscany now occupies a primary position in the Italy’s viticultural life. And there is terrific value to be found throughout the region. Chianti Classico contains some of the most age-worthy and elegant bottlings the average wine consumer can still afford to enjoy. Wines from the hillside town of Montepulciano offer terrific value as well, and provide an excellent snapshot into the unique typicity of Sangiovese, Tuscany’s most famous native son. We’ll also examine both Rosso and Brunello di Montalcino, and dive deeper into the soils and elevations that famously produce some of the region’s most characterful wines.
– La Cerreta, Vermentino Toscana IGT ‘Matis’, 2015
– La Spinetta, Vermentino Toscana IGT, 2018
– Montesecondo, Chianti Classico DOCG, 2017
– Salcheto, Nobile di Montepulciano, 2014
– Tenute Silvio Nardi, Rosso di Montalcino DOC, 2016
– Fattoria dei Barbi, Brunello di Montalcino, 2013
– Fattoria Del Cerro, Vin Santo di Montelpulciano DOC, 375ml, 2013
The Seminar begins promptly at 2pm.
Includes an appropriately paired snack.
Seating is limited.
Seats can be purchased below.
Must be 21 or older to attend. Tickets are non-refundable.
$20 Seminar Fee, credited with a $200 purchase.