Jerez – Xérès – Sherry.
Most people turn up their noses at sherry, unaware that this singular style of fortified wine can deliver a range of complex and pleasurable flavors. By the time it was successfully defined for its true point of origin, the region around the city of Jerez de la Frontera in Andalucía, the damage to its reputation of a wide range of imitators was already done. So why is it still undervalued and misunderstood. Perhaps sherry is reviled because people mistakenly assume it is sweet. Or perhaps it’s because sherry is so complicated with many different subcategories of wildly varying flavor profiles, making it difficult for the casual drinker to grasp what can be appreciate about this style of wine. Regardless, sherry is one of the most artisanal wines in the world, from its uniquely nuanced method of production to the fact that its identity is inexorably bound to the heart of Jerez. Join us in a tasting to demystify and enlighten you and introduce you to a range of different styles of what is a remarkable and compelling wine.
– Gómez Nevado, Sierra Morena Pálido
– San León, Manzanilla Sanlúcar de Barrameda
– Bodegas Barbadillo, Manzanilla Sanlúcar de Barrameda ‘Solear’
– Bodegas Yuste, Jerez-Xérès-Sherry Amontillado ‘Aurora’
– Emilio Lustau, Palo Cortado ‘Peninsula’
– Bodegas Yuste, Jerez-Xérès-Sherry Oloroso ‘Aurora’
– Bodegas Barbadillo, Pedro Ximénez
The Seminar begins promptly at 2pm.
Includes an appropriately paired snack.
Seating is limited.
Seats can be purchased below.
Must be 21 or older to attend. Tickets are non-refundable.
$10 Seminar Fee, credited with a $100 purchase.