- This event has passed.
Winter Seminar Series: Scotch Whisky
December 15, 2018, 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm$10
We are in the midst of a whisky boom, and nowhere is that more evident than the world of Scotch. It has elevated itself from the drink of choice for Scottish poets and landowners to worldwide love and appreciation, powered by master distillers who appreciate the high levels of flavor and craftsmanship their whiskies can achieve. The name “Scotch” signifies both a style of whisky and a unique country. It is a wild, untamed landscape, a geography of lochs and rolling hills and remote islands, and its whiskies share its innate discursiveness. Scotch whisky possesses the aromas of the land—wet seaweed, oyster shells and ocean brine, the perfume of heather and the oiliness of bog myrtle, smokehouses and bonfires on the beach. While there are measurable, chemical reasons for these flavors, there are also cultural ones. Only by trying to understand each whisky’s DNA can you unpack the myriad of flavors contained therein. So, join us on Saturday, December 15th, as we journey into the world of Scotch whisky, and discover the rich, complex taste of one of the most dynamic spirits in the world today.
- The Macallan, 12yr Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky
- Glen Scotia, Campbeltown Single Malt Scotch Whisky ‘Double Cask’
- Jura, 10yr Single Malt Scotch Whisky
- Highland Park, 12yr Single Malt Scotch Whisky
- Dalmore, Port Wood Reserve Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky
- Craigellachie, 13yr Speyside Single Malt Scotch Whisky
- Caol Ila, 12yr Islay Single Malt Scotch Whisky
The Seminar begins promptly at 3pm, please arrive a few minutes before.
Includes an appropriately paired snack
Seating is very limited.
Reservations are required, by email or phone 505.983.2100
$10 Seminar Fee, credited with a $100 purchase.