- This event has passed.
Saturday Wine Workshop: Memorial Day Barbecue Wines
May 26, 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm$5
Wine plays an essential role in rounding out a summer barbecue. But too often, it gets the short end of the stick. How often do you go over to friend’s house and get handed a plate of something burnt alongside a plastic cup of warm Pinot Grigio? But a perfectly grilled steak with a slightly chilled glass of vino makes for a classic moment of summer fun.
While there are plenty of global bottlings that make for great pairings with barbecued foods, we decided to stick to American wines in honor of Memorial Day.
The key to pairing barbecue wines with food is to pick things that are simple, fun and casual. However, all the wines we picked are quiet stunners, perfect for matching with what’s on the coals, but also able to be drunk alone. We’ve got big reds for matching with steak, medium bodied reds for matching with chicken, white wines for fish and salads, and a rosé for yes way all day.
- Empire Estate, Riesling Finger Lakes, 2016 $21
- Crossbarn by Paul Hobbs, Chardonnay, 2016 $30
- Lioco, Rosé of Carignan ‘Indica’, 2017 $22
- Averæn, Pinot Noir Willamette Valley, 2016 $22
- Steele, Cabernet Sauvignon ‘Red Hills Lake County’, 2015 $25
- Joseph Swan, Zinfandel ‘Mancini Ranch’, 2012 $36
The Tasting Table will be open 3.00pm-5.00pm
Reservations are not required.
$5 Tasting Fee.
Purchase $50 of wine and receive a $5 credit.