- This event has passed.
Saturday Wine Workshop: High Altitude
June 16, 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm$5
As a tribute to the three-day mountain culinary festival that is Aspen Food and Wine, we have decided to host a tasting showcasing high altitude vino. Elevation contributes to many factors of delicious wine, and in warmer climates it can play a pivotal role in creating the right conditions for growing healthy vines. Living in Santa Fe, none of us are strangers to the intense sunlight and cool nights that characterize life way above sea level. High altitude vineyards provide excellent drainage, more direct sunlight and much needed cooler temperatures, all of which forces grapes to struggle to survive. And when grapes struggle, the wine they yield will be rich in flavor, power and structure. So join us this Saturday, when we’ll sample some of the best of what can be grown at high elevation.
- Jene-Renée Germanier, Fendant de Vétroz ‘Les Terrasses’, 2016 $30
- Frischengruber, Grüner Veltliner Federspiel ‘Ried Steiger’, 2016 $26
- Hugel, Riesling Alsace, 2013 $25
- Nino Negri, Valtellina Superiore DOCG, ‘Quadrio’, 2013 $21
- Corazon del Sol, Malbec Mendoza, 2015 $22
- Raúl Pérez, Bierzo DO ‘Ultreia / Saint Jacques’, 2016 $21
The Tasting Table will be open 3.00pm-5.00pm
Reservations are not required.
$5 Tasting Fee.
Purchase $50 of wine and receive a $5 credit.