- This event has passed.
Saturday Wine Seminar: Châteauneuf-du-Pape
August 5, 2017, 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm$15
The Patio edition of our Saturday Wine Seminars continues with an exploration of Châteauneuf-du-Pape.
Southern Rhone’s landmark region, Châteauneuf du Pape, was the first region to gain AC status in France. That was the 1920s – it’s history goes much further back than that. As the name suggests, the wine region was named after the “new papal home,” referring to the period of time in the 1300’s when the pope resided in Avignon instead of Rome.
We’ll taste 6 wines, discuss the region, the grapes, and the people. Join us!
- Domaine de la Solitude, Châteauneuf-du-Pape Blanc, 2015 $52
- Clos du Caillou, Côtes-du-Rhône, 2014 $28
- Rhône Paradox, Châteauneuf-du-Pape, 2011 $38
- Clos du Mont-Olivet, Châteauneuf-du-Pape, 2013 $43
- Clos du Caillou, Châteauneuf-du-Pape “Les Safres,” 2014 $63
- Roger Sabon, Châteauneuf-du-Pape, 2013 $72
The Seminar begins promptly at 3pm, please arrive 5-10 minutes before
Reservations are required, by email or phone 505.983.2100
$15 Tasting Fee, credited with a $150 purchase