- This event has passed.
Winter Wine Workshop: Australia
January 26, 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm$20
The early part of the year is sadly lacking in post New Years Eve holidays, but luckily January 26th happens to be Australia Day, and it’s as good a reason as any to kick up our heels. Australia Day marks the anniversary of the 1788 arrival of British ships at Port Jackson, New South Wales. In present-day Australia, celebrations reflect the diverse society and landscape of the nation and are marked by community and family events that symbolize greater reflections on Australian history. We can’t help join in the celebration— our appreciation for Australia’s contributions to the wine world cannot be denied.
So in honor of down under, we’re hosting a Workshop boasting a stellar line up of Australia’s vinous output. Anyone who paints Australian wine with the broad strokes of all big, all red, all the time will be blown away by the country’s dizzyingly diverse wine regions. After all, it’s both a country and a continent, with vineyards spread out over areas thousands of miles longer than the distance from Madeira to the Wachau. Not to mention the fact that Australia boasts some of the oldest vines in the world, with vineyards planted in the early 1800s still producing fruit to this day. So join us for a seminar celebrating the bold, the beautiful, and the shockingly reasonably priced wines of Australia.
- Jansz, Sparkling Rosé Pipers River, NV
- Brokenwood, Semillon Hunter Valley, 2015
- Tolpuddle Vineyard, Pinot Noir, 2016
- Campbells, Rutherglen Muscat, 375ml, MV
- Pikes, Riesling Clare Valley ‘Hills & Valleys’, 2017
- Hickinbotham, Cabernet Sauvignon McLaren Vale ‘Trueman’, 2014
- Tournon, Shiraz Pyrenees ‘Shays Flat Vineyard’, 2012
- Terlato & Chapoutier, Shiraz Pyrenees ‘Malakoff’, 2009
- Howard Park, Sauvignon Blanc Semillon ‘Miamup’, 2016
- Vasse Felix, Chardonnay Margaret River, 2016
- Leeuwin Estate, Chardonnay ‘Art Series’, 2012
- Vasse Felix, Cabernet Sauvignon Margaret River, 2015
- Howard Park, Cabernet Sauvignon ‘Miamup’, 2015
This is a Walk Around Workshop. Stop in at any time between 3pm and 5pm
Includes an appropriately paired snack
Reservations are requested. Please email or call 505.983.2100
$20 Seminar Fee, credited with a $200 or more purchase of any wine or spirit.